Whether you are just checking us out, or signing up, you’ll need to sign a waiver, which protects our academy against claims. Everyone has to do it. It’s simple wording, and is legally required in order for us to allow anyone to participate.
You’ll need to fill this out for each member of your household participating in class, even if it’s just for one day. At the bottom of the form is a place for other names of household members, up to a total of five extra. if you require more, just fill this form out again.
This is NOT a commitment to become a member.
Please fill out the form and agree to the terms on this page:
“I HAVE READ THE WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AS STATED ON THIS PAGE. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, AND THAT I HAVE RELINQUISHED MY RIGHT TO LITIGATION BY SIGNING IT. I HEARBY SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY RELATION TO UNINTENDED CONTAGIONS OR INFECTIONS OF ANY KIND.”
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any classes, events, or activities by and with RPMAA, I (named in this document) agree to:
- Certify that I am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being during intense training practice and/or competition, and that I am fully able to participate in training with the RPMAA. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the participation in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, Hapkido, and various other martial arts taught by the RPMAA, and herby elect to voluntarily participate in said event, knowing that the associated physical activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OR LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of participation in training with RPMAA.
- Recognize and understand that martial arts training is an activity that involves physical contact and that my participation might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or even death, and severe social and economic loss.
- Recognize and understand that such risk may be due to not only my own actions, but also the action, inaction or negligence of others, the regulations of participation, or the conditions of the premises, or of any of the equipment used.
- Recognize that there may be other risks that are not known to me or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Agree to immediately inform an instructor if I believe that anything is unsafe or beyond my capability and I may refuse to participate without consequence to me.
- Assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages that may result from injury, permanent disability or death.
- Enter martial arts training and/or competition entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following the rules of training and competition.
- Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic training or other emergency medical personnel provide me with medical assistance or treatment for such injury.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, RPMAA, Inc., its affiliated organizations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organizations, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organizations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.